Amir Khan takes on Saul Alvarez in WBC middleweight title fight

Amir Khan revealed he is working on the 'perfect game plan' to defeat Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez ahead of their world title showdown in Las Vegas.
The 29-year-old is ramping up training ahead of the bout on May 7 and insists he is exceeding a lot of targets and feeling 'really good'.
Khan and Alavrez opened up their training camps in Oakland and San Diego respectively ahead of the fight which will take place at the T-Mobile Arena.
Amir Khan is feeling really good and exceeding targets ahead of his world title fight with Saul Alvarez
Amir Khan is feeling really good and exceeding targets ahead of his world title fight with Saul Alvarez
Khan takes instructions from trainer Virgil Hunter
The Bolton-born fighter revealed he is working on the perfect game plan to claim victory in Las Vegas on May 7

Khan has increased training at his Oakland base and insists he will be in the best physical condition
Khan has increased training at his Oakland base and insists he will be in the best physical condition
'Camp is going great and I'm feeling really good,' said Khan. 'I've exceeded a lot of the targets that I set myself at this stage and am well on course. Virgil Hunter is happy with how things are going, and come May 7, I'm going to be in the best condition, physically and mentally, that I can be.
'I'm getting ready to give the fans a very exciting fight at the T-Mobile Arena,' Khan continued. 'We're working on the perfect game plan for this fight and that is what is going to win it for me. I don't put too much emphasis on one individual thing, whether that's speed or power, it's about having all the boxes ticked going into the fight. 
'I know what Canelo does well, and his key attributes, so we'll be looking to nullify those. I'm going to keep pushing myself hard in training and will be ready to give everything come fight night.' 
Alvarez, meanwhile, who won the WBC middleweight title by defeating Miguel Cotto in November, is determined to keep his crown and said: 'I train hard to fight hard, and I am focused this training camp to be prepared to win on May 7 and maintain my status as the champion.
'Amir Khan is a talented fighter and though I know I will be triumphant as the victor on May 7, I will not underestimate the challenge he poses to me in the ring.'  
'Canelo' Alvarez has also ramped up his training in San Diego and is confident of retaining his title
'Canelo' Alvarez has also ramped up his training in San Diego and is confident of retaining his title

Alvarez insists he will not underestimate the challenge Khan poses when the two fighters meet in May
Alvarez insists he will not underestimate the challenge Khan poses when the two fighters meet in May


Labels:

Post a Comment

Enter yourcoment here

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget